Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Office

Today was something of a big day. I now exist (to George Mason University). The university issued me an ID number which indicates that they recognize me and allows me to do a bunch of other things. I now have an ID card, a key to my office, an email address, and can see about parking. These events along with meeting more of the professors and staff make me feel like I'm really transitioning. Plus I have an ID card that says "Faculty". After so many years of ID's with "Staff" and/or "Graduate" on them, it just seems crazy. I just wish I'd know that I could get an ID today when I got dressed this morning. Anyway, here are a couple of quick pictures of my new office. I've already started a list and a pile of stuff to take into the office, so it won't look so pristine for long.
My desk...
My door...
My view...I have some pictures of home from last weekend and will post them when I get a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really crazy. Maybe it looks different in real life, but I feel like that office resembles your Penn office, just in different materials. Window behind you and same distance away, desk connected to wall unit and in the same corner!

    Also, it's funny that after all the setting up you've done for people at Penn (how many, 100? more?), there's someone there setting you up. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is sort of the same, but this window doesn't look at a brick wall and there is no whiteboard in this office. I just checked 2 little conference rooms at the end of the hall and there aren't any whiteboards in there either.

    It is kind of crazy to be in a place where I don't really know the procedures to do things. I'll learn before long, but I've become very accustom to being self sufficient.

    ReplyDelete