Saturday, June 6, 2009

Letting go

I rediscovered this old radio while looking for things to take to GoodWill in preparation for my impending move. I believe I've had it since the 3rd grade or so. I remember carrying it around the playground a fair amount during the 4th and 5th grades and spending hours in my room and in the barn recording songs from the radio. It was a great little radio. It still is. It may be a little rough around the edges, but it functions just as well as the day I got it. Should I return it to its trunk coffin as a memeto of days gone by or should I give it away and hope that it find a new kid to entertain? I take a few snapshots of it and let it go.


And what does one do with an old gum wrapper chain that is hundreds of feet long?
Throw it away, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. a) That radio is sooo cool! You should keep it! Or put it in a museum! Or at least sell it...retro is so in I bet you could get a decent amount if you phrased its description right.

    b) Oh my god, I didn't even realize you chewed gum...is that from your entire time in Philly?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I made the gum wrapper chain during college. I moved it to Philly, but just shoved it in a closet.

    ReplyDelete