Sunday, June 14, 2009

Home for the weekend

I went home to the farm for the weekend.

I spent one afternoon sitting on the patio with my laptop and camera. I did some programming and took some pictures while waiting for the code to compile.


I played a bit with lack of focus...
The entire time a cute, little kitten was keeping me company and meowing constantly...
In the evening, my younger brother, Kevin, and his family came up. Here my dad, brother, and nephew are playing tractors in the yard. Oh, and of course there is that kitten...
When he noticed I was taking pictures, Grant started making faces at me, but I got a fairly normal shot in...
Next to the patio, there always seem to be a few hummingbirds...
And Sara likes to be where the people are...
Grant took a short break...
Before racing his dad...


Not exactly a fair race.

I think this was the only moment the kitten was quiet the whole weekend...
I got a couple of more pictures in as the sun set...

The next day more lounging on the patio and roaming into the yard now and then to take a couple of pictures...
And in the two seconds I was gone to drive my older brother, Ed, over to pick up the dump truck, our neighbor dropped off 3 quarts of freshly picked strawberries...
If you haven't eaten them just minutes after they left the vine, then you haven't really tasted nice ripe juicy strawberries.

All and all, not a bad weekend even though my code isn't quite fixed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment