Sunday, September 1, 2013

Inverness, Scotland

I took the train from Edinburgh to Inverness. The trip through The Highlands was simply beautiful. After I dropped my bag off at the hotel, I wondered back down the hill toward River Ness.

A look over the town as I made my way down the hill...

The castle is now a municipal building...

River Ness was lovely even with the wind nearly blowing me in...

This bridge was crazy pants. It nearly gave me motion sickness. People walking across it seemed to move it as did the 30mph wind...


The castle from River Ness...

Downtown Inverness...


Across the river...

I think the river was a bit low. Perhaps it goes up with high tide...


Return to crazy pants bridge...



A church and graveyard...

Up at the castle...

View across the river from the castle...

Still at the castle...

River Ness from the castle...


A last look at the castle...

Some might wonder if River Ness is near Loch Ness. Indeed it is. I'll be visiting Loch Ness and the surrounding area tomorrow. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment